February 7, 2023
24 Hour Shelter – Open now until March 31
the Emergency Shelter at 4746 Joyce Ave. (co-located next door to the CRC) is now open 24 hours. This is a temporary cold weather expansion of hours, funded by BC Housing until March 31, 2023.
About the 24-hr Shelter
- Low-barrier shelter services are available 24-hours/day, 7-days/week.
- The shelter is open to any qathet resident age 19+ who is unhoused and in need of a safe, warm place to stay.
- Support staff offer resource navigation and connections to community supports.
- 20 beds available for men, women, couples and gender-diverse guests.
- Intake required for all new guests.
- Breakfast served daily after 7am; lunch served at noon; hot dinner 5-6pm. Boxed leftovers available after 6.
- Self-serve laundry available at the CRC next door.
- Pets welcome on a case-by-case basis with pet agreement.
- Commons and rooms cleaned 12-4pm daily.
- Strict limit of two half lockers and two medium totes for belongings. Staff will support guests with storage options for additional belongings.
- Neighbourhood sweeps for garbage and sharps completed daily before 8 am and throughout the day and night.
Shelter cell phone # (support staff 24/7): (604) 578-0633
Guinevere Pencarrick, Shelter Coordinator (Mon-Thurs 8-4 and every other Friday): (604) 413-0890
After-hours Manager on Call (Emergencies): (604) 223-7560
Julie Jenkins, Housing Services Manager: 604-223-4430