If you have one of these wood stoves, you are eligible to apply to the Wood Stove Exchange Program:
- A free-standing non-EPA-certified “stove”.
- An EPA-certified stove that is older than five (5) years.
- A “homemade” or “barrel’ stove.
- An “airtight” non-EPA-certified fireplace insert or tube type heat exchanger with a face plate and door (like the ‘Free Heat Machine’ or Welenco) that is currently installed in an open hearth fireplace.
- A non-EPA-certified “wood furnace” (ducted, forced air, home heating appliance) – may only be replaced by an EPA-certified wood furnace or pellet furnace or a non-polluting option such as a heat pump.
- A wood-burning cook stove.
Click here for more information and photos.