Lund’s former elementary school is now owned by the qathet Regional District and is leased to the Lund Community Society which manages it as a community space and preschool. Purchase costs were financed by the Northside Recreation Service established in part of Electoral Area A. A grant from the Vancouver Foundation also contributed to the purchase. The building has been renovated to include meeting rooms and a generous kitchen for community events. Maintenance costs are financed by taxpayers of the Northside Recreation Service Area.
For information about the Northside Community Recreation Centre or for bookings, please contact Facility Bookings, Ria Curtis at email@example.com, 604.483.2353, https://www.lundcommunity.com/contact.
This after-school program offers sports, arts, music and games at the Kelly Creek Community School and is financed by the taxpayers of Electoral Area C. A coordinator, hired by a local community committee, oversees the actual programming.
For information about the Kelly Creek Community School program, please contact the Program’s Office at 604-487-9925.
The Lasqueti Community Association manages the Lasqueti Community Hall and is funded by the taxpayers of Lasqueti Island. The Lasqueti Community Hall is centrally located on the island, just east of the intersection of Main and Centre Roads and is the site of many island dances, meetings, workshops and a monthly coffee house.
For information about the Lasqueti Community Society, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Texada Island Recreation Commission works with the qathet Regional District to manage a number of qRD properties and facilities on Texada Island. These include:
- Erickson Beach Park (2305 Smelter Avenue, Van Anda, BC)
- Emily Lake Recreation Area
- Gillies Bay Tennis Court (4922 Gillies Bay Road, Gillies Bay, BC)
- Gillies Bay Old School which contains the Texada Island Public Library, and the Seniors’ Centre (5079 Gillies Bay Road, Gillies Bay, BC)
- Gillies Bay Ballfield/Farmers Market (5019 School Road, Gillies Bay, BC)
- Marble Bluff Park
- Smithson Park (Van Anda Ballfield) (2019 Marble Bay Road, Gillies Bay, BC)
- Texada Island Community Hall (4913 Gillies Bay Road, Gillies Bay, BC)
- Van Anda Dock
- Van Anda Cove Park
A number of these facilities can be rented. Contact the caretaker at 604-223-4530 or email@example.com for more information.