BEFORE YOU GO TO A qRD WASTE FACILITY
- Do NOT visit a facility if you are feeling unwell, experiencing flu-like symptoms or have potentially been exposed to COVID-19.
- Consider if your trip is absolutely essential, or if it can wait.
- If you have access to curbside collection, please use that service and do not go to recycling depots or waste facilities unless absolutely necessary.
- Customers must observe social distancing while on site.
Please be patient as these measures are put in place to keep all residents, staff and contractors safe.
- Ensure medical waste and products like used tissues, disinfecting wipes, face masks and rubber gloves are placed in the GARBAGE ONLY
- Ensure that ALL GARBAGE items are bagged, and not loose.
The first two garbage bags (per each scheduled pick up day) from single-family households do not require a bag tag. See the Media Release on the City’s website for more information.
The City of Powell River provides weekly curbside garbage collection. Schedule details are available on the City’s website or to pick up a hard copy of the schedule and curbside guidelines visit City Hall.
Tla’amin Nation provides weekly curbside garbage pick-up. For details contact the Tla’amin Public Works at 778-400-8860.
There is no public garbage collection service for electoral area residents. Rural residents can contact Sunshine Disposal & Recycling at 604-485-0167 to set up private household garbage and recycling hauling services.
|Location:||7346 Highway 101 (one quarter mile south of the Beach Garden’s Resort)|
|Hours of Operation:||8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Saturday|
Material & Rates:
|List of Accepted Material and Rates|
|Location:||The Lasqueti Island Landfill was closed Permanently December 1st, 2019. The Lasqueti Island residential waste collection service is now at the barge ramp.|
|Caretaker:||Mark Bottomley at 250-333-8601|
|Hours of Operation:||11:00am – 1:00pm, the first Thursday of every month, except for holidays.
If weather is unfavourable for travel on the first Thursday of the month, or it falls on a Holiday, the service will be provided the following Monday at the same time.
|Accepted Materials:||“Lasqueti Island residential waste” means refuse that originates from residential, commercial and institutional sources but does not include Construction, Renovation and Demolition Waste, Prohibited Waste, Recyclable Materials, Organics or Stewardship Materials as defined in qRD Solid Waste Regulation and Tipping Fee Bylaw No. 532, 2018|
|Rates:||$5.00 a bag and $25.00 a truck load.|