This customizable app sends waste and recycling service reminders and alerts. You can also access the Waste Wizard search tool to help find out what waste items go where. To download the App, simply search “qathet Waste Wise” in the App store or Google play stores or click on the links above.
The member municipality, The City of Powell River provides weekly curbside garbage collection. Schedule details are available on the City’s website or to pick up a hard copy of the schedule and curbside guidelines visit City Hall.
Tla’amin Nation provides weekly curbside garbage pick-up. For details contact the Tla’amin Nation Public Works office at 778-400-8860.
Electoral Areas do not have public garbage collection service at this time. Electoral Area residents can contact:
- Sunshine Disposal & Recycling at 604-485-0167 to set up private household garbage and recycling hauling services; or
- APJ Services at 604-414-6097 to set up residential and transient (boats, camping) garbage collection in the Northside area only.
Rural institutional, commercial or industrial operators can contact Sunshine Disposal & Recycling or Augusta Recyclers Inc. for waste, recycling and organics pickup services.
BEFORE YOU GO TO A qRD WASTE FACILITY
- Do NOT visit a facility if you are feeling unwell.
- Not sure if it’s waste? Check out the Waste Wise Recycling Guide or Waste Wizard for information on where to drop off reusable and recyclable items.
- Have access to curbside collection? Higher participation in curbside collections means fewer trips to the transfer station and a reduction in the overall carbon emissions for the community.
- Ensure medical waste and products like used tissues, disinfecting wipes, face masks and rubber gloves are placed in the GARBAGE ONLY. Ensure that ALL GARBAGE items are bagged and not loose.
|Location:||7346 Highway 101 (one quarter mile south of the Beach Garden’s Resort)|
|Hours of Operation:||8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Saturday|
Material & Rates:
|List of Accepted Material and Rates|
|Location:||The Lasqueti Island Landfill was closed Permanently December 1st, 2019. The Lasqueti Island residential waste collection service is now at the barge ramp.|
|Caretaker:||Mark Bottomley at 250-333-8601|
|Hours of Operation:||11:00am – 1:00pm, the first Thursday of every month, except for holidays.
If weather is unfavourable for travel on the first Thursday of the month, or it falls on a Holiday, the service will be provided the following Monday at the same time.
|Accepted Materials:||“Lasqueti Island residential waste” means refuse that originates from residential, commercial and institutional sources but does not include Construction, Renovation and Demolition Waste, Prohibited Waste, Recyclable Materials, Organics or Stewardship Materials as defined in qRD Solid Waste Regulation and Tipping Fee Bylaw No. 532, 2018|
|Rates as of January 1, 2023:||$7.50 a bag and $37.50 a truck load.|