The Lund Sewer System has been owned, operated and maintained by qathet Regional District since its construction in 1993 and now serves approximately 200 households and several businesses. The regional district is committed to providing cost-effective waste-water service to all commercial and residential customers in the Lund service area. The system is governed by Effluent Discharge Permit PE-12860 from the Ministry of Environment, Lands and Parks. For information on paying your fees, please go to the Utilities Accounts page.
Residential and commercial users can do a lot to help keep the sewer system in good working order. This will extend its useful life and delay the need for costly replacements. Please
- Use the system only for its intended purpose, i.e., to dispose of sewage and waste water.
- Do not put large objects or items that will not decompose down the toilets or drains.
- Avoid putting dental floss or other stringy items down the toilet or drains because they can jam pump impellors. This is especially important for those who have small household pumps.
- Do not put large amounts of grease down the drain. Grease clogs the sewer lines and damages pumps.
- Install and regularly maintain a grease trap if you are a commercial user regularly preparing food.
- Minimize flushing and water usage during power outages.
- If you have a household pump, maintain your pump and pump station regularly. Maintenance procedures are available from the Regional District office.
For general inquiries or to report a problem with the sewer contact our System Operator, Courtney Robertson at 604-414-0230.
For technical information, requirements for new service connections or sewer regulations contact Operational Services at 604-487-1380 or firstname.lastname@example.org.