Each service offered by qathet Regional District has a distinct group of participating areas and only those participants pay for the service. Each service must also have its own budget and funds cannot be transferred from one service to another. The Chart of Participating Areas indicates the services provided by qathet Regional District and the areas paying for each service.
See How Regional Districts Work for more information on how services are established, structured and financed.
qathet Regional District relies on the BC Surveyor of Taxes to collect Rural Property Taxes. qathet Regional District does not accept payment for Rural Property Taxes.
To help protect you and Service BC staff from COVID-19, please do not visit a Service BC Centre to pay your property tax or apply for your home owner grant unless absolutely necessary. We strongly recommend using one of the secure options below.
- Online at gov.bc.ca/ruralpropertytax
- Call 1-888-355-2700 (press option 3)
- Log in to or enrol in eTaxBC at gov.bc.ca/etaxbc (see additional information below)
- Pay via Electronic Funds Transfer, wire transfer or online banking (see details on the back of your tax notice)
- Mail a cheque (see details on the back of your tax notice)
The following brochures were included with your Property Tax Notice from the Surveyor of Taxes.