BEFORE YOU GO TO A qRD WASTE OR RECYCLING FACILITY:
- Do NOT visit a facility if you are feeling unwell, experiencing flu-like symptoms or have potentially been exposed to the coronavirus.
- Consider if your trip is absolutely essential, or if it can wait.
- If you have access to curbside collection, please use that service and do not go to recycling depots or waste facilities unless absolutely necessary.
- Pre-sort your recycling to limit time spend on site.
- Customers must observe social distancing while on site.
Please be patient as these measures are put in place to keep all residents, staff and contractors safe.
qathet Regional District operates seven (7) residential recycling depots in the region, as well as the Texada Island Transfer Station. Click on the map link below for depot locations, hours of operation and information on what materials are accepted at each location. All Recycle BC depots are fully fenced and staffed and are only open during specific hours of operation. Depots are closed on holidays. If a holiday falls on a day that a depot is not open for business, the following day that the depot is meant to be open will be taken off in lieu of the statutory holiday.
Check out the Waste Wise Recycling Guide Directory for information on where to drop off other specific recyclable items or search recycling options using Recyclepedia.
Sign up below to get an email, text message or phone call reminder for your curbside pick-up (City Residents only). By signing up, you will also receive notifications for service interruptions like snow days, depot closures, and solid waste events such as Trash Bash (all City and Rural Residents).
The following materials only, can be dropped off at the Texada Island Transfer Station at 6529 Shelter Point Road (turn left onto Shelter Point Road off of Gillies Bay Road at Shelter Point Park and follow the road towards Central Road for approximately 2 km – station is on the left hand side of the road) on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday and the 2nd and 4th Saturday each month from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Scrap Metals (all vehicles and machinery must be free of fluids)
- Fridges and Freezers (FREE)
Caretaker is Wade Chisholm at 604-413-2176.
For inquiries or comments regarding recycling in Powell River, please contact the qathet Regional District’s Let’s Talk Trash Team.
phone: 604-485-2260 ext 308