A Solid Waste Management Plan (SWMP) is a blueprint for how regional districts will reduce, reuse, recycle, compost and dispose of garbage for the next 10-20 years. In 2018 the qathet Regional District’s updated SWMP was approved by the Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy. For further details click below.
Transitioning from COVID-19 to Normal Operations
- Solid Waste Management Plan
- Garbage Collection and Disposal
- Public Education Program
- Zero Waste Event Information and Zero Waste Station Booking
- Wood Stove Exchange Program
- Invasive Plants in the Region
- Illegal Dumping, Shoreline Cleanup & Trash Bash
- Identify and Report Dead and Abandoned Boats
Solid Waste Management Plan
For more information about the development of the one-stop drop that will bring our region closer to Zero Waste, check out the latest update on our Resource Recovery Centre.
Address2815 McCausland Road
Powell River, BC V8A 0S2