To be eligible for a rebate, participants must meet the following requirements:
- Reside on a property within the qathet Regional District (application must be supported by the registered property owner).
- The home on the property has an eligible wood-burning appliance that is regularly used as a heating source and is not EPA certified.
- The wood-burning appliance must be removed, decommissioned and recycled (i.e. it cannot be re-used in a workshop or garage).
- Work must be completed by November 30, 2022.
- Work must be done in compliance with local code requirements.
- Only one rebate is permitted per taxable residence per year.