Fire Chief: TBA
Main Fire Hall Location: 1847 Savary Island Road
Mailing Address: PO Box 79, Lund, BC V0N 2G0
Email the Fire Chief: email@example.com
Outdoor fires, including campfires and burn piles, are regulated by the Savary Island Outdoor Fire Control Bylaw No. 549.
- Campfires are prohibited everywhere on Savary during the months of July, August, and September.
- Burn piles are prohibited during the months of June, July, August, and September.
- The Fire Chief may extend burning prohibition times and/or restrict hazardous activities that could cause a fire should the conditions warrant such measures.
- Fires should never take place during windy conditions because flying sparks and embers could ignite adjacent combustibles.
- Before lighting a fire always check the wind forecast. If you see suspicious smoke or flames, call 9-1-1.
In 2017, through dedication and training in the SIVFD, volunteers were able to achieve improved insurance grading for all properties on Savary Island.
In the event of a fire, time is critical. A fire extinguisher can deal with many small fire incidents before they become big ones. Know where your fire extinguisher is and ensure that it is in working condition.