How to Apply
- Contact the Program Coordinator to confirm eligibility and receive a tracking number.
- Complete the Wood Smoke Reduction program survey
- Participants installing a new wood-burning stove or keeping an existing certified wood stove (heat pump applicant) are required to complete an online course. It should take approximately 45 minutes to complete. Proof of completion is required. Save the confirmation page or take a picture of the screen once the course is completed.
- Complete the rebate application form. Printed copies of the application are available through Let’s Talk Trash (4675 Marine Avenue, Unit #105, Powell River, BC V8A 2L2) and local retailers.
- Submit your completed application to the Program Coordinator or to 4675 Marine Avenue, Unit 105, Powell River, BC V8A 2L2.
Once the homeowner has satisfied all program requirements and has been verified by Let’s Talk Trash, a rebate from qathet Regional District will be issued directly to the homeowner.
Program start date is January 1, 2023.
Homeowners can apply through Efficiency BC to access additional rebates outside this program. For those exchanging their wood stove for an air sourced heat pump, some models are eligible through Fortis BC, BCHydro, City of Powell River and Better Homes BC for additional savings. Local retailers may also offer additional in-house incentives.